Our fondness for backpacking has taken us on lots of road trips in past five years and maximum of them have been to some location in Himachal Pradesh. Himachal is like assorted bouquet of exotic flowers, you just can’t have enough and can’t get over it, the more you explore, the hungrier you become 🙂
So, in all the road trips we did, primarily Mcleodganj – Dainkund, New Delhi – Spiti, New Delhi – Shimla / Manali / Rohtang, there were few things absolutely common!!
- The School Gang – You are going to witness pure happiness when you’ll run into little kids going to school in blue uniform. So cute they all look !! They have to walk really long distances on a daily basis.
- Be prepared to meet unexpected companions on the road – You are going to find the roads inundated with pashima goats, yaks, cows and sometimes monkeys too 🙂 (though at regular intervals). A must watch short clip here from our Dainkund trip when our bike waded through the goats covered route!!
- The Natural Springs and Streams – Himachal Pradesh provides water to both the Indus and Ganges basins. The perennial rivers of the region are the Chenab, the Ravi, the Beas, the Sutlej and the Yamuna. The road trip in this region will get you to witness beautiful streams at unexpected places and do they look beautiful!!
So people ‘Travel more to find your surprise’ 🙂
Categories: Adventure, Travel Experience
Tags: Bike Ride in Himachal, Dainkund Peak, McLeodGanj to Dainkund Peak, Nature, people, Photography, road trip, Travel, Travel India, Travel Quotes
What a road trip that was!!!
The memorable (and challenging) journey from McLeodganj to Dalhousie to Dainkund Peak still tickles the travel bug in me 🙂 We did this road trip in April 2014 and later (sometime in 2015) I wrote this beautiful write -up – ‘Adventure Ride to Dainkund Peak ‘. Today just sharing the nostalgia via these beautiful pictures we captured en route to Dainkund –
Breathtaking views of Dhauladhar Range near McLeodganj!!
Taking a quick break for some click click near Dalhousie 🙂
Beautiful bountiful nature luxuriant with greens near Dainkund
The beauty of nature will never stop surprising you…. Go ahead give yourself a treat. We shot this pic on our bike ride from Mcleodganj to Dainkund Peak. The odd symmetry between trees and the view of the Dauladhar range seemed amazing 🙂
You can explore more on here https://untraveledroutes.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/adventure-ride-to-dainkund-peak/. In case you are planning a bike ride to the destination just have a glance at the link it certainly will help 🙂
Sharing our profound travel experiences……
This Road Trip was part of our 3-days tour to Himachal Pradesh, India covering Mcleodganj-Dalhousie – Dainkund Peak. Time was certainly of essence as we had 4 days including travel from Delhi to the destination. We boarded HPTDC Volvo from Delhi to Dharamshala, then took a cab till Mcleodganj (the distance is ~9kms) and continued our journey on bike from there. We experienced incredible moments of wonder, adrenaline rush, excitement and peace; and experiences shall always be shared!!!
- Fitness is Critical: ‘Healthy body and healthy mind are keys to blissful life’. We follow a fitness regimen to the maximum extent possible & have tried to inculcate a routine in our lifestyle; we go for regular swim in summers and pursue gym in winters. Being fit has really helped us during traveling, we have been able to explore & test our limits on most of our trips – be it Srinagar, Rajasthan or Himachal etc. It gives you so much of confidence and mental strength.
- Right Time of the Year: The climatic conditions are likely to impact your travel plans always. We planned this trip in April as the season from March – May bears pleasant climate & moderate changes in hill stations. Definitely a road trip has to be avoided in monsoons to hill stations as there is an impending danger of landslides & during extreme winters also it’s not conducive. It always helps to keep track of the meteorology of a particular place before your visit.
- View of lush green mountains with the backdrop of Dauladhar Range on the way to Dainkund Peak, Chamba
Categories: people, Photography, Travel Experience
Tags: Adventure, Bike Ride, Dainkund Peak, Dalhousie, Discovery, Hill Stations, himachal, India, Motorbike Tour, road trip, Travel